Swarmio Media Holdings (CSE: SWRM; OTC: SWMIF; GR: U5U) is a leading-edge technology company focused on deploying its proprietary end-to-end gaming and esports platform, Ember, which enables telcos to monetize their gaming customers.
Gaming and esports is a multi-billion-dollar industry with billions of users already existing customers of telecom companies.
According to Swarmio’s CEO, Vijai Kathigesu, the Company plans to gain 250,000,000 (Quarter billion) subscribers over the coming months. I didn’t make this up. Here’s the Video. SWRM’s recent foray into the Philippines is a case in point. About half of the ten most influential gamers in the Philippines are women.
The importance of influencers in the Asia Pacific is detailed in this Marketing Blog.
While the Philippine deal may seem small (only 85 million gamers) in the whole scheme of things, the development proves proof of concept and acceptance. Today, the Philippines; tomorrow, the world? It could well be.
Swarmio and Universal Pin (UniPin)– the world’s leading enabler of digital content for online games and digital products– the world’s leading enabler of digital content for online games and digital products, will allow Swarmio to offer in-game accessories, skins and a myriad of digital products with a credit card, e-wallet and (DCB) direct carrier billing.
Benefits to Swarmio;
- Universal Pin (“UniPin”) is the world’s leading digital enabler for online games and digital products, facilitating 200,000+ daily transactions across 10,000+ game titles in 30+ countries.
- UniPin’s digital products, including digital skins, upgrades and accessories, into the Ember platform allows UniPin to expand its market presence to Swarmio’s end users.
- Gives Ember users unlimited access to in-game digital content and streamlines the purchasing mechanism for gamers, closing the gap between UniPin and gamers in untapped new markets.
- Allows Swarmio to act as a payment aggregator for in-game digital content in under-served gaming markets such as Asia, Africa, the Middle East and LATAM, placing Swarmio directly into the USD 67 billion+ in-game digital content value chain.
- A revenue share agreement unlocks considerable revenue growth potential for both Swarmio and UniPin.
Ashadi Ang, CEO of UniPin, commented: “Both UniPin and Swarmio invest heavily towards the future of gaming by nurturing the gaming ecosystem across countries, and we are ever so excited to embark on this journey together with Swarmio. With our combined expertise, we believe we can create a new gaming landscape for a much wider target market and audience in an ever-growing gaming community.”
Direct you to their most recent PR with more granular details.
Swarmio is a small company (Market Cap CDN$6 million). Fifty-two-week price range is CDN$.05 to CDN$0.90. While past performance, etc., this group seems to be in touch with its market globally and has a history of releasing tasty partnerships where they are the value add, particularly for telcos who want to keep or at least satiate their customer user bases. Given the churn rate of telcos (10% -70 % GLOBALLY), it makes sense to keep a market that has lots of choices and is, frankly, overserved.
Need more? Here’s the teaser. I’ll be back.
The Philippines’ largest mobile network and broadband service provider announces the launch of two gaming tournaments, the PUBG MOBILE Philippine City Tournament and the Gamer Grounds Championship, in partnership with Level Infinite, a subsidiary of Tencent Games (OCT: TCEHY) (“Tencent”).
Vijai Karthigesu, CEO of Swarmio, states, “With the PUBG MOBILE Philippine City Tournament and the Gamer Grounds Championship being offered exclusively inside the Globe Gamer Grounds platform, and with competitions being live-streamed across various social media and video-sharing platforms, more gamers in the Philippines and all over the world will be able to witness the unique features, content, and tournaments that Swarmio’s Ember platform offers.”
Starting to get interesting.